Patrice, Marleah, and Courtney drink the Fool’s Spring, talk oracle-ing, lawyering, and Johnny Cash on screen – and test out chocolate-covered pickled okra.
Eat Your Okra //
It’s the survival vegetable! It’s alien! It has magical healing properties! So maybe you can look past the fact that it is filled with snot!
- The Wickles recipe that inspired our episode snack!
- Too Much Okra in the Garden? Make Coffee from the Daily News Journal
- Delta State’s Mascot: Fear the Okra
- The Real Story of Gumbo, Okra, and File from Serious Eats
- Okra: The Secret Is in the Slime from Wholistic Matters
- Is Okra Good for Diabetes? from Medical News Today
- The Okra Project: bringing home cooked meals to Black Trans people
- Eat Okra: an app to help you find and support Black-owned businesses
Mayhayley Lancaster //
Learn about one of the most hustling, unique, ladies of Georgia: Maylayley “$1 for me .10 for my dog” Lancaster: The Oracle of the Ages!
- Incredible “Mermaid Births” Are Still Some of the Rarest in the World Today
- What’s a Birth Caul, and Why Are People Superstitious About it?
- The History: Remembering Mayhayley Lancaster – Winters Media
- Memories of Mayhayley – Cranks My Tractor
- The story of a modern-day oracle
- Murder in Coweta County – Wikipedia
- Oracle of the Ages: Reflections on the Curious Life of Fortune Teller Mayhayley Lancaster
- 1 ¼ oz Bulleit Rye
- ½ oz Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
- ½ oz St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
- ½ oz VSOP Brandy
- 2 dashes Peychaud's
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and stir.
- Pour over ice in rocks glasses.
- Enjoy! This is a new favorite!