Patrice, Marleah, and Courtney drink Dread River Martinis and talk Bobbie Gentry, the song that beat the Beatles, Appalachian burial traditions, and KITTEHS.
Death and Kittens //
Appalachian folklore says cats are good luck. And bad luck. And magic. And evil. Marleah shares a short compilation of kitty stories.
- Lick-Paw, Lick-Paw, Come In, Tom from Holy Stones and Iron Bones
- Cat Folklore from The Blind Pig and the Acorn
- Sitting Up with the Dead: Lost Appalachian Burial Customs from Unmasked History
- Death and Dying in Central Appalachia by James K Crissman
- That Black Cat from 13 Mississippi Ghosts and Jeffrey by Kathryn Tucker Windham
Ode to Billie Joe //
The day that Billie Joe McAllister jumped off the Tallahassee bridge what happened? Where is this Tallahassee bridge? What did they throw from the bridge and why? We have questions Bobbie Gentry!
- Ode to Billie Joe (album) – Wikipedia
- Is Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode To Billie Joe” Based on a True Story?
- Emmett Till – Wikipedia
- The Story Behind the Song “Ode to Billie Joe,” by Bobbie Gentry – Spinditty
- Bobbie Gentry: ‘Ode to Billie Joe’ Singer’s Secret Life – Rolling Stone
- Bobbie Gentry – Wikipedia
Dread River Martini
- 2.5 oz Dread River gin
- .5 oz dry vermouth
- lemon twist
- Add ice to a mixing glass.
- Add all ingredients except lemon twist.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Add twist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try something else in our Episode Drink List!
You Might Also Like …
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply