Patrice and Marleah drink Moscow Mules and talk Daniel Day-Lewis, flying horsemen, and a Southern castle with a dwarfish jester. Also, info on our LIVE SHOW at Romarin et Corbeaux in Oxford, AL!
Spirits of Chimney Rock //
Indigenous tribes and white settlers both shared stories of spirits on Chimney Rock Mountain and Hickory Nut Gap in North Carolina … very very different stories.
- Letters from the Alleghany Mountains, by Charles Lanman
- Oddities of the Chimney Rock Gorge, From The State Magazine, August 31, 1963
- Clad in brilliant white raiment, they appeared to rise off the mountain, from Appalachian History
- Chimney Rock, Rutherford, North Carolina Alien Encounter
Gauche the Ghost //
There is a castle sitting on a river’s edge in Beaufort, SC. Sounds idyllic, right? Just don’t go down into the basement or you might be called a “hellion” and have your roast stolen!
- Joseph Johnson House – SC Picture Project
- Jean Ribault – Wikipedia
- Carolina Castle
- Beaufort’s Castle: The Joseph Johnson House – Explore Beaufort SC
- Ghost Stories of Beaufort County, SC- Part 2: “The Roast Ghost”
- The Story of a Failed French Settlement in 16th Century North America
- The Castle and Gauche
- Ghost Stories of Beaufort County, SC – Part 1: Gauche, the Huguenot Ghost
- Beaufort Women’s History Walking Tour