Patrice, Marleah, and Courtney drink Strawberry Margaritas and talk about the deliriant botany and diabolical butchery of Jamestown, VA.
Third time’s a charm? Marleah seems to have finally evaded the curse of the story originally called Episode 119, which she has recorded twice before to disastrous results. This time she mixes it up, making a shallow dive into the history of Jamestown before talking about the origin of Jimsonweed and the first proof of cannibalism in a European colony of North America.
- Rethinking Jamestown from The Smithsonian
- Starving Settlers in Jamestown Colony Resorted to Cannibalism
- JimsonWeed: History, Perceptions, Traditional Uses, and Potential Therapeutic Benefits of the Genus Datura
- Jamestown Settlement, Early, from Encyclopedia of Virginia
- Powhatan, from National Parks Service
Leave a Reply