Patrice and Marleah drink Pimm’s Cups and talk beaver nuggets, tail-eating mountain men, swamp apes, and the joy of scaring the shit out of kids.
I Want My Tailypo! //
Tailypo is a creature of North American folklore, particularly in Appalachia. Different versions of this story have been passed down to many as campfire tales – and a lot of folks say it’s the story they still have nightmares about.
The Fouke Monster //
In 1971 the Ford family was attacked in their home by a creature they said was seven feet tall, covered in hair, with large, red eyes, that walked like a man. They moved out of town the next day. Their experience brought monster hunters from across the country to the little town of Fouke, AK, and it spawned a classic B movie, The Legend of Boggy Creek. But the Fouke Monster was around long before the movie, and it’s still being seen today.
made Strange by Marleah this week
- 3/4 C Pimms
- 1/2 tsp fine sugar
- 3 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
- half a cucumber, peeled and sliced
- two strawberries, halved
- two orange slices
- two lemon slices
- ginger ale
- Put four slices of cucumber in shaker and smush real good with a muddler or a spoon.
- Add lemon juice, Pimms, sugar and ice and shake-a shake-a shake-a.
- Grab two tall glasses.
- Put two strawberry halves, one orange slice, one cucumber slice, and one lemon slice in each glass. Fill with ice.
- Pour Pimms mixture into glasses in equal portions so nobody gets drunker faster.
- Top off with ginger ale and a mint sprig.