Patrice and Marleah drink Negroni Twists and talk grasshoppers, snake doctors, John Wilkes Booth, poop, and the power of a Southern woman.
The Devil’s Horses //
In late summer, parts of the south are inundated with a massive grasshopper called the Southeastern Lubber that has sex on our driveways and cannot be killed by any living force. This is the story of those grasshoppers. And other critters too.
Louise Wooster Is Better Than You //
Louise Catherin Wooster lived through yellow fever, tuberculosis and shitty men to become an amazing woman who helped to save her community from a cholera epidemic and got a UAB public health award named after her. Oh yeah, and she was a madam.
From Fever Tree, made Strange by Bartender Courtney
- 5 tsp Tanqueray citrus
- 5 tsp sweet vermouth
- 1 TB Campari
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water
- Twist of orange peel
- Micro thyme sprig from Boxfan Chad’s garden
- Say a lot of fucks because who the hell measures bar ingredients in teaspoons?
- Search Google for unit conversions. (One ounce is six teaspoons, by the way.)
- Add all ingredients except the tonic water to an ice-filled glass.
- Top up with tonic water and garnish with orange twist and thyme.