Patrice and Marleah drink Vieux Carre cocktails and talk sausage, butchery, and the link between goat testicles and country music. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
The Curse of Ursuline Avenue //
Is it a coincidence or is there something really sinister happening in New Orleans on Ursuline Ave between Royal and Bourbon Street? We explore three cases that have us wondering…
- Amid Roaring Twenties New Orleans, a brutal French Quarter murder shocked the city
- Haunted Nation: Sausage Man/Hans Muller House – New Orleans, LA
- The “Sausage Ghost” of Ursuline Avenue – Down the Rabbit Hole
- Man continues strange behavior after getting a life sentence for killing
The Goat Gland Doctor //
John Romulus Brinkley painted himself a perfect picture of “The American Dream,” pulling himself up by his bootstraps, rising from a humble beginning as a poor medic’s son in Western North Carolina to become the most well-known doctor in America. But the truth of his meteoric rise in the 20s and 30s is all goat nuts and lies.
- Medicine Show on Wikipedia
- The Goat Gland Miracle Man on Historynet
- Nuts! The Film
- Charlatan: America’s Most Dangerous Huckster, the Man Who Pursued Him, and the Age of Flimflam by Pope Brock
- Odd Americana: John R. Brinkley – Quack Doctor and Radio Pioneer on Muddy Roots
The (Mobile) Vieux Carre
Made Strange by Bartender Courtney
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 tsp Benedictine
- .75 oz Sweet Vermouth
- .75 oz Cognac
- .75 oz Jack Daniels Rye
- Maraschino cherries
- lemon peel
- Add all ingredients into a mixer with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with cherry and lemon peel