Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney drink and drink. We think we talked about pandemic malaise, the hauntingest house in the South, and swarms. of. mosquitos.
Ghosts of The Myrtles //
The Myrtles Plantation in St Fransicville, Louisiana, has all the ghosts. Seriously, it’s lucky they left any for the rest of us. Murder victims, soldiers, floating children, orbs, disembodied voices, invisible pianists – and they want you to come sleep over.
- The Myrtles Plantation: Legends, Lore and Lies from American Hauntings
- The Myrtles Plantation web site
- The Haunting of Louisiana by Barbara Sillery
- Acadiana woman shares ghost stories from her ‘haunted’ plantation, Daily Advertiser
Maismas, Ma(r)laria, & Mosquitos //
Look up in the sky! Is it a cloud of evil? Is it a fog of foulness? Is it certain death?! If you said yes to all three of these…then you know about the world’s deadliest preditor and the bane of Southern Summers…the Mosquito.
- How Mosquitoes Changed Everything | The New Yorker
- From the fall of Rome to gin and tonic: How the mosquito ‘shaped our history’
- True Story of a Murder Solved by a Mosquito
- The Mosquito: A Human History of Our Deadliest Predator: Winegard, Timothy C
- Bad air, amulets and mosquitoes: 2,000 years of changing perspectives on malaria
- Malaria in South Carolina | Historia Obscura
- Mosquitoes Kill 15 Cows | Certified Termite and Pest Control
- Miasma theory – Wikipedia
- How sickle-cell carriers fend off malaria | New Scientist
Whatever you got.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply