Patrice and Marleah drink Bartender Courtey’s Oregano Infused Palomas and talk quicksand, the wick effect, trippy dragon people, and creepy ass singing carrots.
A Special Note
If you listen to our recent episodes you know we support the protests against police brutality across the country. Black lives matter.
If you don’t already, please, y’all, subscribe to some black-hosted podcasts. Listen to what they have to say and then get involved. Here’s a list to get you started:
Listen. Do your homework. Read the books. Watch the movies. You know all the lists are out there. Vote. Vote. Vote.
Little Fires Everywhere //
We thought spontaneous (human) combustion was going to be more of a thing.
- Spontaneous human combustion – Wikipedia
- Mary Reeser – Wikipedia
- Wick effect – Wikipedia
- Can Humans Spontaneously Combust? ‘Unexplained Files’ Investigates
- The Spontaneous Human Combustion Case That Inspired Charles Dickens
Pufnstuf Takes Atlanta //
Before Atlanta had the CNN Center, it had The World of Sid & Marty Krofft. For 6 months in 1976, people could spend $5.75 to spend a few hours inside the trippy (but they swear they were never high) imaginations of the Krofft brothers, creators of H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost, and other Saturday morning 70s favs.
- Killer Mike speaks in Atlanta about protests outside the CNN center
- Sid & Marty Krofft’s Short-Lived Atlanta Amusement Park, from Newstalgia
- Downtown Atlanta’s Lost Psychedelic Theme Park, Atlas Obscura
- Tales Of The Okefenokee: Full Ride recreation
- Land of the Lost opening credits and theme
- HR Pufnstuff opening theme
- The Bugaloos opening theme
- Sigmund and the Sea Monsters – full episode with awesome commercials included
Oregano Infused Paloma
By Bartender Courtney
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz oregano simple syrup
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 2 sprigs oregano
- club soda
- coarse sea salt
- Make oregano simple syrup:
- Combine ingredients in sauce pan
- Heat on medium, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved
- Cool and strain out solids
- Salt the rim of a glass
- Shake tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Strain into glass
- Top with soda
- Garnish with oregano leaves