Patrice and Marleah drink Bartender Courtey’s Honey Jalapeno Margaritas and talk radical resistance, cult mentality, and supercons.
The Water Walkers //
In the 30s, the Federal Writers Project recorded a story about a group of Africans who, when they stepped onto the shore of St. Simons island and realized they were going to be enslaved there, turned right around and walked across the water back home. We talk the history behind the folk tale: the story of the Igbo landing.
- Beyoncé’s “Love Drought” Video, Slavery and the Story of Igbo Landing, by Mikael Owunna
- Ebos Landing in Georgia Encyclopedia by Timothy B Powell
- The 1803 Ibo (Igbo) Landing Story
- Mass Suicide at Igbo Landing: A Direct Descendant Shares Oral History
Remember the Alamos //
Double the evil, double the con. The Alamos are the “religious” cult leaders we don’t remember and that’s bad!
- Alamo Christian Foundation – Wikipedia
- Meeting God | Ministry of Evil: The Twisted Cult of Tony Alamo