Patrice and Marleah drink Bartender Courtney’s Blueberry Mint Smash and talk space junk turf wars, men with maces for arms, and custom shivs for redheads.
The Hodges Meteorite //
STARS FELL ON ALABAMA OMG RUNNNNNN!!!!!
- In 1954, an Alabama woman became the first known person to be directly hit by a meteorite — here’s her strange story, from Insider
- In 1954, an Extraterrestrial Bruiser Shocked This Alabama Woman, from Smithsonian
- How a Meteorite Ruined an Alabama Woman’s Afternoon 65 Years Ago, from Space
- A Star Fell on Sylacauga, from the Decatur Daily News
She’s a Brick … Top //
Flaming red-headed vixens of New Orlean’s Gallatin Street are larger than life and will cut you!
- Brothels of Antebellum New Orleans | Tulane News
- Gallatin Street: An Introduction
- Jackson, Mary Jane (b. 1836) | Encyclopedia.com
- Being Mary Jane – Things Amic Thinks About
- Swift, Delia (fl. 1850s) | Encyclopedia.com
- Brothels, Depravity, and Abandoned Women: Illegal Sex in Antebellum New Orleans by by Judith Kelleher Schafer
- Thanks to our Patrons! You can be one too!
- The Psyched Podcast
- Alabama Appleseed Center for Law and Justice
- Southern Crossroads
Blueberry Mint Smash
By Bartender Courtney
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about one lime)
- 2 tablespoons honey and/or simple syrup to make it sweeter
- 1/2 cup good quality vodka
- 1 cup club soda
- Lime and mint sprigs for garnish
- Add blueberries, mint, lime to a shaker and muddle.
- Add ice and honey and shake shake vigorously
- Pour into a mason jar, add ice and top with soda
You Might Also Like …