Patrice and Marleah drink Bartender Courtney’s Basil Peach Brandy Fizz and talk ruckus juice, happy sally, phone-throwing poltergeists, and exoneration.
Southern Moonshine Mamas //
Women were an integral part of the illegal moonshine business. Meet some of our Moonshine Mamas.
- Moonshiner History – Moonshiner28
- Women Bootleggers | Hooch and Hell-Raisin’: Moonshine Mamas
- ‘Queen of the Mountain Bootleggers’ Maggie Bailey : NPR
- A Brief History of Moonshine | Mental Floss
The Telekinetic Mom //
The sad, strange tale of Tina Resch Boyer.
- Christina Resch Boyer on Murderpedia
- The Unbelievably Sad, Strange Story of a Girl and Her Poltergeist, by Stassa Edwards, Vice
- Tina Resch on Unsolved Mysteries
- Unleashed: Of Poltergeists and Murder: The Curious Story of Tina Resch, by William Roll
- Deliverance, by Lauren Markham, Atavist Magazine
- The real story of Christina Resch Boyer: Did a “perfect storm” of events lead to life imprisonment?, Sue Horn, Star News
- Free Tina Resch Boyer Facebook Group
Basil Peach Brandy Fizz
By Bartender Courtney
First make some brandied peaches. I thought this was going to be hard but it’s just simple syrup made out of brandy.
For Brandied Peaches
- 3-4 ripe peaches (Chilton County if possible from the peach man on the town square)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- Peel peaches and cut into quarters.
- Warm water and sugar in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Add peaches and let them simmer about 2 minutes.
- Remove peaches and add to a jar.
- Turn off stove and add the brandy and whisk.
- Pour over peaches.
- Allow to cool enough to cover.
- Put in the fridge for one day (or just start eating because they are so tasty)!
For the Cocktail
- 1/4 of brandied peaches
- 1-2 basil leaves
- 2 oz peach brandy (made from the brandied peaches)
- 2 oz rye whiskey – Jack Daniel’s or Basil Hayden preferred
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Club soda
- Muddle peaches, lemon juice and basil
- Add brandy, whiskey and ice
- Shake shake shake
- Pour into two glasses
- Add ice and top with club soda
- Garnish with peach slice and basil leaf
- Enjoy and make sure to eat all the drunk fruit
You Might Also Like …
Leave a Reply