Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney drink Holiday Leftovers Sangria and talk shitty monument design, secret identities, apparitions, and Mary cherries.
The Ugliest Guidestones in Georgia //
A mysterious man representing a secret society has a project for the Monument Capital of the World (or probably just the SouthEast). Who is he? What does he & his group want? Aliens? Cult? Alien cult? or……
- Dark Clouds Over Elberton: The True Story of the Georgia Guidestones
- Georgia Guidestones by Clay Ouzts, Gainesville College
- Georgia Guidestones: 10 Weird Things You’ve Got To Know
- Nobody Knows How to Interpret This Doomsday Stonehenge in Georgia https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/nobody-knows-how-to-interpret-this-doomsday-stonehenge-in-georgia-5592082/
- Georgia Guidestones, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
- Waiting for the end of the world: Georgia’s 30-year stone mystery, http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/03/22/georgia.mystery.monument/index.html
- Nobody Knows How to Interpret This Doomsday Stonehenge in Georgia, https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/nobody-knows-how-to-interpret-this-doomsday-stonehenge-in-georgia-5592082/
Hail Marija //
How a Catholic pilgrimage site called Medjugorje in Bosnia-Herzegovina sprouted a pseudo-Catholic cult called Caritas outside Birmingham, AL.
- Medjugorge history: the first apparitions
- National Geographic Explorer, Season 8 Ep 4: The Cult of Mary
- Mountaintop cross built in Shelby County as woman who claims Virgin Mary visions arrives
- Vatican bans Medjugorje apparitions in U.S. churches
- Religious group face lawsuit labeling it a cult
- Mediation ordered in Caritas lawsuit
- BIG SHOUTOUT TO FKA (Kelly Ann!) Thanks for your help on this episode!!!
- Thanks to our Patrons! You can be one too!
- Go join our FB Fan Group!
Holiday Leftovers Sangria
By Bartender Courtney
- 1/4 C brandied cherry juice – see instructions below
- 12 or more of the brandied cherries
- 1/4 C Bourbon Cranberry Cocktail
- 10 of the cocktail’s cranberries
- 1/4 C Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 orange, sliced, with peel
- 1 lime, sliced, with peel
- 1 pear, cored and sliced, with peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle red wine – we used Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mix everything in a giant jar and let it sit at least several hours, at most several days, before serving. We waited a week for ours so it did get a tad bitter because of the orange and lime peels, but it was stellar on day 2.
For Brandied Cherries
- 1 lb fresh bing cherries
- 1 C water
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C brandy
- Warm water and sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Add cherries and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Poke cherries with a toothpick.
- Remove cherries to a glass jar or heat-tolerant container.
- Turn off stove. Add brandy and whisk.
- Pour sauce over cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one day. These can be stored in the fridge for months or sealed (canned) and stored in a cool place for even longer!