Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney drink Happy New Year cocktails and talk about a badass gypsy mama buried in Meridian and the ridiculous murder of two Tennessee trolls.
The Gypsy Queen //
Fifteen children and a funeral home freezer lead to Meridian, MS being the burial destination of Romani royalty.
- Meridian’s Royal Past | Mississippi Folklife
- A golden casket and a legendary party: The burial of an Alabama gypsy queen
- Queen Kelly Mitchell; a slice of Meridian’s history | Local News | meridianstar.com
- Romani people – Wikipedia
- Gypsy Mitchell Clan | Stacy’s RedboneS
The Facebook Murders //
How one fucked up chick tricked her family into murdering a couple of people who were mean to her on the Internet.
- The Catfish Behind the Facebook Murders: Jenelle Potter, Buzzfeed Unsolved
- ‘Too pretty to live’: How a woman convinced her parents and boyfriend to kill ‘Facebook bullies’, News 24
- How a Social Media Feud Led to the Murder of a Young Tennessee Couple, ABC News
- Lies Told On Social Media End In Tragedy, Medium
Happy New Year
By Bartender Courtney
- 1 oz apple brandy simple syrup (follow brandied cherry recipe and substitute apples)
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 2 oz brut champagne
- Add brandy, lemon juice, and oregano to shaker and muddle the oregano
- Fill shaker about half full with ice
- Shake and strain into champagne glass
- Top with champagne
- Garnish with oregano
Not into this one? Try something else in our Episode Drink List!
You Might Also Like …
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply