Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney drink Deb Martinis and talk about an asp-whipping attempted-murdering preacher and a teen ghost who just wants her shit back. Oh, and avocado brownies.
Alabama Snake //
Patrice & Marleah revisit our “Cody got bit!” talk from PodX 2019 and the new HBO documentary release of “Alabama Snake” shaking of Glenn Summerford.
- Where Is Glenn Summerford Now? He Isn’t a Pastor Anymore
- “Alabama Snake” can’t out-weird “Tiger King,” even if a preacher tried to murder his wife
- The Pentecostal Serpent — THE BITTER SOUTHERNER
The Ghost of Alice Flagg //
The story of Alice Flagg and her missing ring is one of the most famous ghost tales in South Carolina. We’ve got a Strange South telling for you, along with some spooky first-hand accounts from our friendfan Noelle!
- Alice, from The Moonlit Road, by Cathy Kammerlein and Craig Dominey
- The Ghost of Alice Flagg, from Strange Carolinas
- Alice of the Hermitage, from The Dead Bell
- The Hermitage, from the South Carolina Picture Project
- Video tour of the Hermitage from SC Weekend
- A YouTube recording of the opera Alice Flagg by Joseph Kaz
- HONEYMOON FROM HELL, the Lifetime Original Movie you have to watch!
- Healthy Avocado Brownies Recipe!
The Deb Martini
By Bartender Courtney
- 1-1/2 oz Vodka (Deb prefers Grey Goose)
- 1 oz chilled espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 oz Creme de Cocoa
- 1/4 to 1/2 oz Irish cream
- Add vodka, creme de cocoa, and cold coffee to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake-a shake-a shake-a.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add Irish cream and stir.
- Top with some chocolate shavings if you want to get all fancy.