Patrice, Marleah and Courtney drink up the Light at the End of the Tunnel and talk about the Dixie Mafia, all the bodies in the Chattahootchie, and a firebombing, head-taking Florida cult.
Sin City, Alabama //
Church-going, community lovin’, bean snapping gangsters that brought $100 million (you read that right) to a little river town of Phenix City, Alabama. (Special thanks to Emma McQuiston!)
- Sin City Tours / Phenix City Alabama
- The Phenix City Story | Encyclopedia of Alabama
- Slaying Lead to Sin City’s Deliverance – The Washington Post
- Phenix City, Alabama – Wikipedia
- Local News: Tullahoma man witnessed famous shooting (12/10/05)
- Oral History Audiobooks: The Barroom Brawl
- Crime in Dixie — PHOTO: Soldiers from Fort Benning, Georgia
- Everything’s Peachie at Beachie’s | Will Dockery Wiki
- Albert Patterson – Wikipedia
- At 94, former Alabama Gov. John Patterson looks back the Phenix City cleanup
- The Fall and Rise of Phenix City
Trouble at the Temple of Love //
A guy who named himself Yahweh ben Yahweh drew followers to Miami from across the country, promising unity, brotherhood, and empowerment … but – SURPRISE! It’s a cult!!!!!
- Uncovered: The Cult of Yahweh ben Yahweh
- Yahweh ben Yahweh on Wikipedia
- 1980 Miami Riots on Wikipedia
- The “Blacks for Trump” Guy at Florida Rally Is Former Yahweh Ben Yahweh Cult Member, from Miami New Times
The Light at the End of the Tunnel
By Bartender Courtney
For the Ginger Turmeric Syrup:
- 1/3 C ginger root cubed into 1/8″ pieces
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 C raw honey
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 C water
- dash of black pepper
Bring all these ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until syrupy. Strain into mason jar.
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz Ginger Turmeric Syrup
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1-1/2 oz orange juice
- thyme for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a glass with ice cubes.
- Garnish with thyme sprig.
- Enjoy your completely healthy anti-inflammatory cocktail!