Patrice, Marleah, and Courtney drink Brick & Spoon Bloody Marys and talk about shady Southern funeral directors and Appalachian fairies.
Bodies, Bodies Everywhere //
Sometimes the family business is a dead-end job. So crack a cold one for some tales of the dead.
- True Life Stories of a Mortician & Funeral Director – Thrillist
- 10 Funeral Home Workers Share their Most Macabre and Morbid Stories
- 10 Creepy Stories From Funeral Homes And Crematoriums – Listverse
- Tri-State Crematory scandal – Wikipedia
Cherokee Little People //
Here’s another theory about the wee twins statue from Murphy, NC: What if they’re a pair of Yunwi Tsundi – Cherokee Little People? Let’s talk about the fairies of Appalachia!
- Memories of Johnson Catolster and the Cherokee little people, from Smoky Mountain News
- Yunwi Tsundi, Cherokee Little Folk: Into the Wonder
- Native American Legends: Yunwi Tsunsdi’, from Native Languages
- The Nunne’hi and Other Spirit Folk, from First People
- List of Creatures in Scottish and Gaelic Folklore
- Fairy Stones, from Spooky Geology
Brick & Spoon Bloody Mary
By Bartender Courtney
- 5 oz Brick & Spoon Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 oz of good vodka (we Stoli)
- Garnish! Pickled things (like homemade pickles and Wickles pickled okra) and cheese and bacon and shrimp and lemons and limes
- Louisiana Hot Sauce or horseradish if you like more spicy!
- Mix these things.
- EAT IT ALL!