Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney drink Lavender, Rosemary, and Chamomile Shandies and talk kidnapping, grey men, and pirate parties.
Bobby Dunbar, Part 1 //
On August 23, 1912, a four-year-old child goes missing from a family trip near Swayze Lake in Louisiana. Almost a year later, they think they’ve found him again. But have they?
- A Case for Solomon: Bobby Dunbar and the Kidnapping that Haunted a Nation, by Tal McThenia and Margaret Dunbar Cutright
What the F*&k, Blackbeard? //
The Gray Man is often spotted to warn of impending storms, but who is he? Lonely ghost, founder of an island….or Blackbeard – himself?!
- The Gray Man (ghost) – Wikipedia
- Blackbeard – Wikipedia
- 15 Facts About Blackbeard | Mental Floss
- BBC Radio 4 – You’re Dead To Me – Ten things you need to know about Blackbeard
Barley Moon Shandy
By Witchcraft Cocktails, made Strange by Bartender Courtney
- 1 TB dried rosemary
- 1 TB dried lavendar
- 1 bag chamomile tea
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 C sugar
- 1.5 TB lemon juice
- 1 oz bourbon
- 4 oz pilsner
- Lemon wheel for garnish
- In a saucepan, boil first five ingredients at medium heat.
- Pour into lidded mason jar and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Strain.
- Add 1.5 TB Lavender Rosemary Chamomile simple syrup, lemon juice, and bourbon to a shaker with ice.
- Shake-a shake-a
- Strain into a pint glass and top with pilsner
- Garnish with lemon wheel and fresh herbs.