Patrice, Marleah, and Bartender Courtney survive the Poisoned Blackberry Martini crafted by guest bartender/full-time cohost Marleah and talk the real-life monster that inspired Scream, zombies, zombies, zombies, and the difference between tablespoons and ounces.
Hello, Sidney //
Truth is scarier than fiction. This week, the series of real murders that inspired the movie Scream: The Gainesville Ripper.
Zombie GINpocalypse //
Patrice talks about all things zombies! Get ready preppers!
- The CDC Zombie Plan Sucks. Here’s Things You’d Need In Louisiana
- 1911 A.D., Vitre, Louisiana
- 2021’s Best Cities for Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse
- The 8 Best Places To Hide In Mississippi In The Event Of A Zombie Apocalypse
- Top 5 cases of zombies from the real world
- 10 things we learned about zombies from a New Orleans voodoo expert
- A zombie apocalypse? Here’s why this city has the best chance of surviving one in Louisiana
Patrice’s Zombie Recommendations Part 1 //
I hate gore. That said. I love zombie movies. (I just look at my phone during the gross stuff.)
Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1956 movie)
I am Legend and Other Stories (Short-story book)
I am Legend by Richard Matheson (Kindle version)
I am Legend (2007 movie version)
Night of the Living Dead (1968 movie)
Shawn of the Dead (MY FAVORITE movie) – Simon Pegg!!! Marry me!
Warm Bodies (movie)
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (GREAT audiobook and an ok movie)
The Girl with All the Gifts by Mike Carey (Audiobook)
The Girl with All the Gifts (movie)
Train to Busan (movie)
Pride Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (book)
iZombie – comic series
White Trash Zombie by Diane Rowlands (audiobook)
Feed by Mira Grant (YA ROMANCE)
World War Z & Zombie Survival Guide – Max Brooks son of Mel Brooks (Young Frankenstein – Spaceballs)
Poison Blackberry Martini
- 5 tbsp gin, 2 1/2 oz – may sub for vodka
- 1 tbsp dry vermouth
- 1-2 tbsp blackberry syrup
- Ice cubes
- black food color or activated charcoal, ** optional
- Add gin, vermouth and blackberry syrup to a cocktail shaker
- add ice cubes
- shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain it through a fine mesh strainer into a chilled martini glass.
- If you want that extra Halloween flare, add a tiny bit of black food color, stir and then serve.
- You could also add activated charcoal when you are shaking the other ingredients.
Leave a Reply