Patrice, Marleah, and Courtney drink Secret Sangria and talk about a famous cult, and why the South doesn’t have a corner on the cult market.
News reports in the late 90s focused on their matching sneakers, androgynous hair, and their conviction that a UFO was following Hale-Bopp comet to pick them up and take them to live with Jesus somewhere far out in the galaxy. But behind the Heaven’s Gate cult were a pair of Texans – a nurse and a choir teacher.
- Eyes on Glory: Pied Pipers of Heaven’s Gate
- Heaven’s Gate: The Cult of Cults
- How Oregon shaped Heaven’s Gate, one of the oddest fringe religions of our time
- Applewhite: From young overachiever to cult leader
- Heaven’s Gate, 25 Years Later: Remembering 38 People Who Died with Cult Leader
- Which UA professor started a cult?
Try something else in our Episode Drink List!
You Might Also Like …
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply