Patrice, Bartender Marleah, and Courtney drink Bourbon-Cranberry Cocktails and talk about substitution, the rich man’s war, unconscious iguanas, and mystery pork.
The Hole That Won’t Stay Filled //
In Newton, AL, everybody knows the story of Bill Sketoe’s hanging and the hole that was dug under his feet – the hole that gets swept clean whenever you try to fill it. How much of that story is true, and what might the rest of the story be?
- Early Account of the Ghost of Sketoe’s Hole, History Southeast
- Re: Bill Sketoe, Alabama in the Civil War Message Board
- The Ghost of Sketoe’s Hole, Explore Southern History
- 1864: Bill Sketoe, Hole Haunt, ExecutedToday.com
- Substitutes (Civil War), NCPedia
- Civil War Conscription Laws, Library of Congress
It’s Raining Lizards! Hallelujah? //
Florida is the flattest state in America. There are no dinosaur fossils in Florida. And weird stuff fall out of the sky in Florida.
- Watch for Falling Iguanas! Bomb Cyclone Drops Frozen Lizards
- Punta Gorda Golf Ball Rain
- The Weirdest Things That Fell From The Sky
- Mysterious object falling in the sky overnight over Florida
- Only in Florida does cocaine drop from the sky
- A Weird Florida Mystery: Frozen Pork Falling From the Sky
- What’s that falling from the Florida sky? It could be pork, poop — or worse
Bourbon Cranberry Cocktails
By Nancy Fuller on Food Network
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) bourbon
- Orange peels, for garnish
- Combine the cranberries, orange juice, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and cranberries start to pop, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely, then combine with the bourbon in a pitcher.
- To serve, pour into glasses over ice and garnish with an orange peel.
We did this with a cup less bourbon and still got stupid pretty fast, so beware if you try to do it full strength!
Not into this one? Try something else in our Episode Drink List!
You Might Also Like …
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply